Home » Resources » FAQs » FAQs – Procurement Services

FAQs – Procurement Services

Credit Cards Solutions Questions

What is a Departmental Card?

The Departmental Card is the University’s equivalent to a corporate credit card. The Departmental Card is a regular VISA credit card that is ‘tied-in’ to a default Activity ID number but can be charged to another funding source (including grants) during the reconciliation process. Departmental Cards may be used to purchase commodities, pay for services, and facilitate travel expenses depending on the profile needed.

What are the Departmental Card profiles available?

The Departmental Card is available in three (3) different profiles to best meet your purchasing needs. These include:

  • Commodity Use Only – This University administered credit card is issued to staff for the purchase of authorized supplies and services required for use in their department or program. Travel expenses are not allowed with these cards. The use of this card is restricted to the individual whose name is on the Card. Transactions must be placed in accordance with the University Card Procedures.
  • Departmental Travel Use Only – This University administered credit card is issued to authorized departmental staff for processing University business travel arrangements for students, non-employees and for University staff. This card is restricted to only travel related transactions and the use of this card is the responsibility of the person whose name is on the card. The Cardholder must not use this card for their own travel and under most circumstances; the Departmental Card must not leave the department. All transactions must be in accordance with the University Travel and Expense Policy.
  • Dual-Use (Commodity and Departmental Travel) – This University administered credit card is issued to staff for the purchase of authorized supplies and services required for use in their department or program and can also be used by authorized departmental staff for processing University business travel arrangements for students, non-employees and for University staff.

What is a Travel and Entertainment Card?

The T&E Card is a VISA credit card that is issued to a staff member for their University authorized travel and designated entertainment expenses. The Cardholder is required to adhere to the University’s Travel and Expense Policy when using this card for University business travel. Payment of transactions placed on this card is the responsibility of the Cardholder, the Cardholder subsequently requests reimbursement through the travel module.

What is the Difference between a Departmental Card and a T&E Card?

There are several differences between the two programs; please see the following:

  • Departmental Card – FIU pays the bank directly. Charges are expensed monthly in the Purchasing Module in the PantherSoft System from all university funding sources, except Foundation Funds. Purchases are Florida Sales Tax exempt. Departmental Cardholders must have a main and back-up approver who will review the Cardholder’s transactions for compliance to the Departmental Card Guidelines, reconcile the transactions to the funding source and maintain the Departmental Card transaction files for each Cardholder for audit and/or review purposes. These individuals must demonstrate the ability and willingness to follow the University’s policies and procedures, be able to question the Cardholder’s transactions and have access to the PantherSoft Financials System.
  • T&E Card – Cardholder pays the bank directly and will be reimbursed through the Travel and Expense Module in the PantherSoft System for approved and authorized travel and expenses. Reimbursement of transactions placed on this card can be expensed from all university funding sources, including Foundation Funds. Purchases are not Florida Sales Tax exempt.

Who should be a Departmental Cardholder?

The Departmental Card should be issued to the actual full time University employee responsible for making purchases on behalf of their unit. The card profile must be assigned based on the cardholders’ anticipated purchasing needs.

How do I become a University Cardholder?

Eligible, full time employees may apply for a Departmental or T&E Card by completing the corresponding Card Application (Link to Forms and Templates page – Credit Card Solution section). The applicant must fully complete all sections of the application, including all required signatures. All cardholders must complete a training session and fully complete a Cardholder Agreement Form prior to receiving their card.

How are my credit limits determined?

All cardholders begin with our standard “starter” card limits. Annually, we review our cardholders spend and evaluate if they are set at appropriate credit limits. If we note the trend that a cardholder is spending at their maximum limit, we may recommend permanent increases. However, if we note that a cardholder’s credit limits are not used, we adjust their limits to correlate to their actual spend.

What is a Business Unit Approver (BUA)?

The BUA is the Dean, Director, or VP of your Department.

How do I submit my Application?

The completed Card Application must be forwarded to the Credit Card Solutions Team, Office of the Controller, Modesto A. Maidique Campus, CSC 438 or it can be faxed to 305-348-1623 for processing.

Is Card training available?

Yes, training is available. The Controller’s Office FSS team currently has instructor-led workshops available. The instructor-led workshops are required prior to being assigned any role in our program (from Cardholder, Approver, and Reconciler Role). Online resources are also available through topic specific on our Training Resources page (Link to new Training Resources page – Procurement section) and UPK Modules.

What if the vendor does not accept Departmental Cards?

If the vendor will not accept the university credit card, you must coordinate the purchase via Purchasing Services, using the PO Process.

Can we buy coffee and supplies for the Staff lounge?

No, the purchase of coffee and supplies (including appliances) is currently on the Departmental Card program’s Non-Allowable Purchase list.

Can the Departmental Card be used to purchase gasoline/fuel?

Yes, the Departmental Card can be used to purchase gasoline/fuel only for the following:

  • State vehicles and equipment
  • Rental vehicles when conducting official university business.

Can the Departmental Card be used to purchase gasoline for a personal vehicle if it is my main means of transportation for business travel?

No, the Departmental Card cannot be used to fuel personal vehicles as personal vehicles will be reimbursed by mileage and not by actual fuel purchases.

Where can we find a list of prohibited items?

A list is available in the Cardholder Manual (Link to new Policies and Procedures page – Credit Card Solutions Section).

Are my card purchases exempt from Florida Sales Tax?

Departmental Card: Yes, All transactions made within the State of Florida or that are shipped to the University directly are exempt from the State of Florida Sales and Use tax. As a cardholder, you must always inform the vendor that the purchase is tax-exempt before the transaction is completed. A copy of the University’s Certificate of Exemption is available under the Controller’s Website.

If the vendor will not deduct the sales tax or will not honor the Florida Tax Exemption without additional paperwork, the Cardholder may continue with the purchase, but must note on the receipt that they requested that the sales tax not be charged and that the vendor refused. This notation documents that an attempt was made not to have the sales tax charged.

T&E Card: Purchases made with the T&E Card are not Florida Sales Tax exempt.

Must I keep a receipt for every single transaction?

Yes, an itemized/detailed receipt is required for each transaction made with a university credit card.

Departmental Card: an itemized/detailed receipt must be submitted with the cardholder’s monthly statement to their Departmental Approver for review and reconciliation.

T&E Card: an itemized/detailed receipt must be submitted with the cardholder’s expense report.

When is the deadline to process my monthly Departmental Card activity?

Departmental Card billing transactions regularly load the first business day of the month. All transactions in PantherSoft Financials system must be reconciled, posted to the Departmental ID, and approved within ten (10) business days of loading into the system.

Any charges not processed by the closing deadline will be automatically charged to the cardholder’s default accounting on file and will not eligible for expense transfer.

Additionally, cardholders with three unjustified non-approvals in the same fiscal year will have their card limits temporarily suspended until they complete a retraining session.

Why do I have a single transaction limit?

Single transaction limits are set as an internal control in order to avoid misuse of the state’s funds.

Can we have the merchant split a transaction to bypass my Departmental Card's single transaction limit?

Splitting transactions to bypass your card limit is against FIU Departmental Card regulations. Doing this could result in a suspension of your Departmental Card.

How do I change my monthly and/or single transaction limits?

If you would like to make a change to your monthly and/or single transaction credit limit, please complete a Request for Temporary Limit Changes/Merchant Block Override. This document must be signed by the cardholder’s BUA in order for it to be processed by the Credit Card Solutions Team.

I lost my Departmental Card or fear it has been compromised. What do I do next?

It is the cardholder’s responsibility to report a lost or stolen card as soon as possible by contacting JP Morgan Chase immediately at their toll-free number 1-800-270-7760.

The Cardholder must be prepared to provide the following information to the Bank representative: The Departmental Card number, Campus address and telephone number and a brief summary of what happened. Lost or stolen cards reported by telephone are cancelled immediately. A replacement card will be issued and mailed to the Cardholder’s Campus address within seven to ten working days after being reported. The Cardholder and Approver must closely monitor all transactions posted in FIU Financials and dispute charges that appear to be fraudulent.

How do I dispute a Departmental Card transaction that I do not recognize?

The Cardholder must attempt to resolve any disputes or billing errors directly with the vendor. In most cases, the vendor will issue a credit to the Departmental Card account. If an agreement cannot be reached with the vendor, the Cardholder must complete the formal dispute process in the Payment Net System within 5 days of the billing close date in order to be accepted by JP Morgan Chase.

I accidently charged a personal expense to my FIU Departmental Card, what do I do next?

In the event that a cardholder has inadvertently charged a personal expense on their Departmental Card, please notify the Departmental Card administration immediately. The cardholder will be required to reimburse FIU for the transaction if the item cannot be returned.

Can I allow other users access to my Departmental Card?

Each cardholder is responsible for the security of the card assigned to them. Use of the University issued Credit Card is limited to the Cardholder whose name appears on the face of the card. Under no circumstances will a card be given or loaned out to another person. All precautions must be used to maintain confidentiality of all information relating to your card, such as the card number and expiration date. The Card and/or Card number must never be left in a conspicuous place, emailed or shared with anyone else, even with a trusted colleague.

Any Cardholder sharing their Departmental Card information or allowing another individual to use their Departmental Card for purchases may have their Departmental Card cancelled.

What are Inactivity Reviews?

Twice a year, a card inactivity review is conducted by the Credit Card Solutions Team. Cardholders who have not had card activity during the consecutive three-month period prior to the review will be sent an Inactivity Notification via email.

If the card is still needed, a Cardholder is required to reply to the email with a justification as to why the card account must remain open. Cardholders may also reply to the notification indicating that the card is no longer needed request card cancellation.

If no response is received within three weeks of the notification, the card account will be automatically cancelled, and the Cardholder will receive notification.

What are some common reasons for a card to be declined?

If your Departmental Card has been declined, it could be due to the following reasons: the purchase exceeds your available balance or single purchase limit, the vendor’s merchant category code is prohibited by FIU, or your Departmental Card could be suspended. Please contact the Credit Card Solutions Team immediately if your card has been declined.

Where can I find a list of valid FIU account codes?

You can find a list of FIU account codes in the Expense Account Reference Sheet.

What if I don't receive my statement in the mail?

If you did not receive your monthly statement, please log into the JP Morgan Chase Payment Net System at www.paymentnet.jpmorgan.com >Transactions>Statements

Online Supplier Application

I am a supplier interested in doing business with FIU. Should I register as a supplier through your online application portal to increase my chances in obtaining business?

No. Only register as a supplier if you meet any of the following conditions or else your application will be denied:

  • You have won a bid through the electronic Request for Quotes (eRFQ) application GovQuote.
  • You have won an electronic Sourcing Event through FIU’s Public Solicitation Portal hosted by Jaggaer.
  • You are entering into a contract with FIU.
  • You are actively working with an FIU department to procure goods or services.
  • You will be receiving an honorarium/stipend.

Where can I find the online supplier application form?

Visit our Supplier Page and go to the “New Supplier Information” section to find our Registration Portal link and other supplier related instructions and information. Please only register as a supplier if you meet any of the following conditions or else your application will be denied:

  • You have won a bid through the electronic Request for Quotes (eRFQ) application GovQuote.
  • You have won an electronic Sourcing Event through FIU’s Public Solicitation Portal hosted by Jaggaer.
  • You are entering into a contract with FIU.
  • You are actively working with an FIU department to procure good or services.
  • You will be receiving an honorarium/stipend.

Are all suppliers required to submit an online application to become a registered supplier?

Yes, all suppliers irrespective of the application path (US Company, Foreign Company, US Citizen or Resident, Non-Resident Individual, and Honorarium) must register through our online applications. Exceptions can be done for certain governmental entities.

What are the documents that prospective suppliers must attach to their online supplier application?

All suppliers should attach a completed, signed, and dated W-9 (U.S. individuals and companies), W-8BEN (foreign individuals), W-8BEN-E (foreign companies), or W-8ECI (foreign companies with U.S. locations/offices), and if applicable, a certification document for a minority business enterprise that is certified as an MBE by the state of Florida or a certifying agency.

What is “Doing Business As”?

A name under which a corporation conducts business that is not the legal name of the corporation as shown in its articles of incorporation.

What is an NIGP Code?

A National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP) Code classification describes the types of goods and services your company offers. It is used by Procurement Services to invite suppliers to relevant competitive solicitations or by departments looking to procure goods or services. As a supplier, you will be able to select the appropriate NIGP Code during your supplier registration by using a lookup icon in the online supplier application. A listing of those codes can be found here. Simply search for the service/commodity that you are offering to the University and use the prefix numbers to populate an applicable code for your application.

What is a NAICS Code?

The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code classifies business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. economy. The NAICS industry codes define establishments based on the activities in which they are primarily engaged. As a supplier, you will be able to select the appropriate NAICS Code during your supplier registration by using a lookup icon in the online supplier application.

I have read FIU Standard Terms & Conditions, and I do not agree to them. What are my options?

Please agree to the FIU Standard Terms & Conditions as you would not be able to proceed with your online application submission. Once you become a supplier and during contract negotiation, you will be able to redline the FIU Standard Terms & Conditions. If those changes are approved by FIU Office of the General Counsel, the negotiated Terms & Conditions will supersede the FIU Standard Terms & Conditions agreed during supplier registration.

How long does it take to have my online supplier application approved?

Applications are normally approved within 1-3 business days provided the requested supporting tax document is complete, signed and dated.

Online Supplier Change Request

How do I update information in my supplier profile such as physical addresses, banking information, email address, or contact information?

If you had submitted your online supplier application after 06/12/2020, you should have received a User ID and a link to the Supplier Public Home page in your supplier application approval email. You will then be able to update your address and payment information by logging into your supplier profile from the Supplier Public Home Page found here. All other suppliers should reach out to vendors@fiu.edu for further instructions.

Are suppliers required to include a tax document (e.g., W-9, W-8BEN, W-8ECI, or W-8ECI) when updating their address?

No, if suppliers are updating their own information by login into their own supplier profile. However, in the rare occurrence where the supplier profile is complex and updates still need to be made by procurement Services Staff, an updated tax document will be required to make an address change.

I added a new address, but I am unable to pick it as my new invoicing/remitting address.

You must first add the address and submit the change for approval. Once approved, you will have to wait 24 hours before you can login into your supplier profile to select that address.

My company changes its name, and I am unable to update it in the online change request application.

At this time, you can only add a new “Doing Business As” (DBA) name within the online change request application; please include a completed, signed, and dated tax document (e.g., W-9, W-8BEN, W-8ECI, or W-8ECI) as supporting document. If your company’s name is entirely different, please email vendors@fiu.edu with your request and include a completed, signed, and dated tax document (e.g., W-9, W-8BEN, W-8ECI, or W-8ECI) as supporting document.

Other Supplier Questions

Where can I find publicly advertised business opportunities offered by FIU.

Publicly advertised opportunities offered by FIU can either be found on our electronic Request for Quotes (eRFQ) application GovQuote for purchases under $75,000 or on our Public Solicitation Portal hosted by Jaggaer for purchases that $75,000 and above.

Can I contact a Buyer to offer business proposals from my company?

Yes. However, it is strongly advised to reach out directly to departments within FIU as they are the ones that ultimately will make the decision to purchase your goods or services.

I have been informed that my supplier profile has been inactivated. How do I activate my supplier profile?

Inactivated suppliers will have to go through a re-activation process to commence business with FIU. The reactivation process is as follows:

For US and Foreign Companies

  • Provide your Supplier ID.
  • Provide your current W9 form.
  • Provide a copy of an invoice that has already been paid by FIU. (optional)
  • Provide your primary email address, which is the one you provided in your online supplier application. If you never went through our online supplier application process to register as a supplier, please email vendors@fiu.edu.

For US Citizens/Residents, Non-Residents, and Honoraria

  • Provide your Supplier ID.
  • Provide your current W9 form.
  • Provide your address, which is found in your supplier profile. (optional)
  • Provide your primary email address, which is the one you provided in your online supplier application. If you never went through our online supplier application process to register as a supplier, please email vendors@fiu.edu

I forgot my account password. How can I obtain a new password?

You will be able to use the “Forgot Password” button to receive a new password. However, you will need to enter your User ID and primary email for account verification. An email with a new password will be sent to your primary email address, which is the one you provided in your online supplier application.

What do I do if I try to register as a supplier and my company is already registered?

Please contact us at vendors@fiu.edu to obtain your supplier ID. You will need to provide a current tax document, which depending on your classification, will be a W-9 (U.S. individuals and companies), W-8BEN (foreign individuals), W-8BEN-E (foreign companies), or W-8ECI (foreign companies with U.S. locations/offices). Ensure that the tax document provided is fully completed, signed, and dated.

Where do I find resources such as user manuals and guides for the Online Supplier Application and the Online Supplier Change Request tools?

You can find those resources here.

Where can I view my payment information?

Go to our supplier portal and login to your supplier profile. If you do not have your login information, please contact us at vendors@fiu.edu.

I have read the FAQ list and I still have questions. Is there anyone else I can contact?

If you still have questions after reading the FAQ list, please contact us at vendors@fiu.edu.

I am getting an error message while registering for USER ID. What should I do?

Please contact us at vendors@fiu.edu with screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Toshiba and Print Management

What printer do I use when printing?

Select FollowMe print queue when printing.

Why are my print jobs not processing?

Do you have PaperCut Installed and running? Make sure you are printing to the correct print device.  See Question #1 above regarding FollowMe print queue.

PaperCut is installed but I still can’t print?

Check to see if PaperCut is running. If not, start the application.

Where do I get PaperCut?

Software Center or \\papercut02.ad.fiu.edu\PCClient

Why is my computer freezing when I print?

When processing a print job, your system can take time to render the pages being queued. This, of course, depends on the number of pages and document complexity you are printing.  For further information, please contact Toshiba at 1-800-526-7926.

Why won’t my print job automatically come out?

Toshiba has implemented a new technology called FollowMe. This means that when you print your document the print job will be waiting for you at the Toshiba printer in your department. All you have to do is swipe your OneCard and select the print job you would like to retrieve.

My print jobs wont print it says my account does not have money?

In some cases the wrong account has been tied to a group. Please utilize the Ask IT Toshiba website by accessing the following link: toshibaprinthelp.fiu.edu

  • Click on TOSHIBA BILLING SERVICE to submit updates for a Toshiba billing related request (e.g. add or change activity or project ID)

When I swipe my card I don’t see my print jobs.

Make sure you are logged in with your username when you print. Make sure Papercut is running. Make sure you are printing to the correct printer.  Does your Panther ID start with a ‘0’? If so, that could be the issue, Please place a service call or email Toshiba at FIU.Service@tbs.toshiba.com or 1-800-526-7926.

What is the cost of copying and printing using my departmental equipment?

Cost depends on the model of copier chosen.  Each copier/printer model has a lease rate which varies depending on the model of the copier chosen.  Additionally, there is a nominal click charge of $0.0077 per side for each monochrome (black and white) copy and/or print and a nominal click charge of $0.049 per side for each color copy and/or print. An additional, base monthly charge is assessed for additional services and accessory capabilities such faxing, hole punching, etc. 

Is there a cost for Scanning?

Scanning to USB and scanning to FIU email are free features for most models.  When scanning is the predominant use for the equipment, an additional monthly fee may be assessed for maintenance and servicing.  

Are paper and supplies included in the cost?

Staples, toner, fuser oil, parts and maintenance are all included in the click rate and therefore no additional charges will apply for these items.  Departments are responsible for purchasing and maintaining their own paper.   All equipment models work best with 20lb, 30% recycled bond paper.  Please use the recommended product to maintain efficient operation and a long life for your equipment.

How will I be charged for copies and prints?

The software system (Papercut) will track copy and print usage on an individual and departmental level via Active Directory (AD) authentication credentials (username and password).  Printing authentication will occur when an individual logs onto their computers using their AD credentials.  Copying authentication will occur by the use of an individual’s One Card or simply by typing in AD authentication information at the copier console.  

What other features are available for my equipment?

Mobile (follow-me) printing, USB printing, double-sided copying and printing, and many other features are available depending on the model.  The equipment is a copier and printing device so that you are able to staple and print (one-sided or double-sided) from your desktop computer.  Copiers are set to automatically default to double-sided copying and printing as a part of FIU’s environmental efforts on campus.  

Where can I make copies on campus?

Usage is available on any equipment that you have been authorized to copy and print.   Most departments have dedicated equipment which provides access to employees of their specific unit.   Departments may secure a Departmental Copy Card through the One Card Office to make copies on their departmental equipment.  Detailed information regarding use will be recorded by department versus an individual user.   Please use the following link to access the online form for a card:  https://shop.fiu.edu/onecard/onecard-forms/index.html.  To make copies in student-related areas (i.e., computer labs, library) and pay with University/departmental funds, please contact the One Card Office and request a Ricoh Self-Serve Copy/Print Card.

How long does my print job remain in the system?

When printing, you must retrieve your document within 24 hours of submission or the user may delete after printing.  Should the equipment fail to print your document or you wish to print later, you should be able to retrieve your document within the 24-hour time frame.  All jobs are automatically erased and cannot be retrieved after 24 hours.

Where can I get training on how to use the equipment?

Training sessions will be scheduled upon installation.  Additional departmental trainings will also be scheduled as needed.

What is the contact information for to request additional training?

There is a requirement of a minimum of 12 users for an instructor-led training session.  Otherwise, please consult the website and utilize the online training.   To request a training session, please call or email the contact information below.  Please provide the following information when you call: Model#, ID#, Contact Name, Contact Phone Number.

Email: CustomerCare@tbsfl.toshiba.com

Phone Customer Service:  1-800-526-7926

Are my copies/prints secured?

Software on the equipment encrypts and overwrites all copies, prints, scans, faxes, and disks, immediately after every job operation ensuring, that overwritten data cannot be retrieved or recompiled in a readable format. The software system follows applicable Department of Defense (DoD) standards to assure that information is secure.

Can students use the departmental network equipment?

Students who are employees in the department will have access to use the equipment for departmental work-related purposes. It is also expected that each department will internally create policy/procedure for governance for this activity for all their employees.  Hold student-employees to the same requirement as full-time employees, that non-related departmental copies and prints should not be made (which is tied to University departmental funds).    There are consequences (ie, dismissal, notations in HR permanent record, fines, etc) related to violations of these procedures. When employing student-employees, be sure to inform them of your expectations concerning the procedures regarding copying and printing and the consequences of their actions.

What is the contact information for Toshiba service?

When contacting Toshiba, please provide Model#, ID#, Contact Name and description of the problem.  Be sure to identify FIU.  You may contact Toshiba by calling or emailing the contact information below.

Service Repair:

Email: FIU.Service@Tbs.toshiba.com

After Hours (5:00PM & weekends) – 954-428-1300, follow VM prompts.  Be sure to choose Dade County

Supply Deliveries:

Email: FIU.Supplies@Tbs.toshiba.com



Click on TOSHIBA BILLING INCIDENT to report a discrepancy or concern with your Toshiba billing

Click on TOSHIBA BILLING SERVICE to submit updates for a Toshiba billing related request (e.g. add or change activity or project ID for entire department or employee, update budget manager contact information, request additional reports, etc.).

General Issues, Service Escalation:

Email: Customer Care@tbsfl.toshiba.com

Phone: 1-800-526-7926 (please prompt to customer service)

954-608-8308– Brian Curry, Account Representative

Ext 18466 – Daniela SanMiguel, Customer Service


For emergency repairs after hours, holidays and weekends, there is a fee of $250 per hour.  Service Tech on call will call back within 30 minutes.

What are the electrical and space requirements for the new copier equipment?

Space and electrical requirements vary based upon the equipment model.

What can I do if I suspect that an unauthorized person is using my FIU One Card or if my FIU One Card is lost?

Your department will be responsible for all copies and prints associated with your copier/printer device.  If you suspect that your authentication credentials have been breached, report immediately to the FIU Information Technology Department. If your card was lost or stolen, you must deactivate your card immediately at onecard.fiu.edu.  You may visit the FIU One Card office to receive a duplicate ID at a cost.

How do I get a new FIU One Card?

The Faculty/Staff member must be an active FIU employee with a valid Panther ID number in order to receive a FIU One Card. Visit the FIU One Card Office located in Gold Garage (PG 1 -100) or Wolfe Center (WUC – 143) and present a valid government issued photo ID when requesting a new FIU One Card. You may contact the FIU One Card Office at 305-348-2273 or email onecard@fiu.edu for more details and hours of operation.

Do I have to get a new copier/printer?

No, you can elect to consolidate, share or eliminate a machine.  However, Toshiba is the sole provider at FIU of networked copiers.   While desktop printers are admissible outside of this process, purchase of copiers from an alternative manufacturer is not permitted. 

Can I use a desktop printer?

Yes, desktop printers may be used. However, we strongly encourage you to factor in all cost when making the decision to use desk top printers. While the printers themselves can be economical, the cost of toner and repairs often far exceeds the cost of a networked copier/printer. Additionally, cost associated with multiple desktop printers will add up quickly.  The most cost effective approach is typically sharing one machine across multiple users.  

Why does my apple computer not print in color?

The default print setting for all Apple computers is to print in Black + White. To send a color print job, ensure to select the proper color options from the print settings menu.

Toshiba Billing

What is a group membership and how are they generated?

Your AD group is also your Department ID. You may have several departments associated to your account in HR but only the AD group for the Primary department is assigned to the user. The system automatically assigns whichever has the highest percentage of salary allocation.

If I request a change of activity # for someone in our org 124401000, do you add or replace the new activity #? Please explain what the profile looks like for this person in our org department.

Every department has a default activity number. This gets assigned automatically when a new user joins your department and is assigned to your AD group. User accounts can be updated with a new default but this does not remove their ability to use the default code, because the user is a member of the AD group it is assigned to. It is important for this user to install the PaperCut Client for printing. When printing, if the user doesn’t have the PaperCut Client which is used to select an activity number, the default is automatically applied. This then forces them to use the newly defaulted activity rather than the default applied to the group.

If an employee is hired with our org department or there is a change, will this person automatically be added to our group and therefore be charged to the default for the org? Will there be any communication when this happens?

Yes the person would automatically be added to the group and therefore be charged to the default for the org.  The new hire can have the option to choose an alternate activity number if the department submits the Revisions form and provides an additional activity/project number for that employee. Afterwards, the Papercut Client will have to be installed on the desktop so that the employee will have the ability to choose the activity/project to bill when printing. There will not be any communication from PaperCut.

If I identify a user that we shouldn’t be paying for and it is not a name that I recognize, I will not be able to provide an alternate ID to be charged. There needs to be a process in place to determine who should be paying for this person’s copying/printing needs. What is the solution as I do not have authority disable an account?

Employees outside of your department should be updated in the user account in HR so they are placed in the correct AD group. Then PaperCut will automatically apply the default for the new group. There is a process in place already to transfer or terminate employees when they change positions or leave FIU, so it’s possible that hasn’t been followed.

Will the system notify me that my grant is ending or will it automatically suspend my access to copies based upon the grant end date?

The system does not have the capability of notifying customers that a grant is ending, nor will it automatically suspend access. Similar to the existing system, the department should request suspension of access. Please remember that readings are done at the end of each month and charges post to the ledger around the 5th of the following month. Example: If a grant ends on February 10th, charges will not post until March 5th.