The Quality Assurance Services area was created to improve compliance in the Office of the Controller and the FIU University community. This area focuses on promoting compliance based on institutional, state, and federal regulations.
• Apply and verify compliance with regulations through reviews, examinations, and procedures.
• Create and revise processes and procedures using best practices to increase the compliance, integrity, accuracy, and efficiency of information.
• Support University initiatives in working with the Office of Internal Audit and University Compliance while promoting compliance and best practices.
• Verify compliance with all Internal Audit findings for the Division of Finance and Administration.
• Enhance awareness of regulatory compliance, internal controls, and the value of safeguarding University assets.
• Serve as a liaison to the State of Florida Auditor General external auditors.
• Verify compliance with all Operational Audit findings for the University.
Areas of Focus
- Cash Collection Points Administration
- Online Banking Administration
- Internal Audit Report Reviews
- Operational Audit Report Reviews
- State of Florida Audit Liaison
- Other Special Projects