The Credit Card Solution section is responsible for the professional management and oversight of the University’s Credit Card Program. This program provides a tool for the processing of commodity purchases and payment of travel-related expenditures required to conduct University business in an efficient, effective, and customer-focused manner. Within the scope of this mission is the responsibility to coordinate and direct all the operational functions and financial transactions that are part of the Card Program as they relate to the business needs of all University departments. Our team monitors for compliance to ensure that operations adhere to University policies, procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and rules established by the University.
Credit Card Solutions Program Overview
The University’s Credit Card Solutions Program offers two types of credit cards, The Departmental Card and the Travel and Entertainment (T&E) Card. University credit cards are designed to provide faculty and staff with the ability to place orders for commodities and for the processing of University authorized travel transactions.
The intent of these programs is to reduce the time and paperwork required for small dollar purchases and reimbursements currently processed through the University’s financial system. All transactions placed on these cards must comply with the Credit Card Solutions Program procedures and must benefit and support the University’s mission of education, research and public service.
The Departmental PCard
The University staff that is involved with the Departmental Card will include the Cardholder and Card Approvers. Two Card Approvers must be listed on the Cardholder Application; these individuals may not be subordinates of the Cardholder. The Card Approvers will be required to understand these programs, to review the transactions for compliance with the Card procedures, must input accounting information and details of the transaction in PantherSoft and will be required to approve these expenses. The Departmental Card is available in three (3) different profiles to best meet your purchasing needs. These include:
- Commodity Use Only – This University administered credit card is issued to staff for the purchase of authorized supplies and services required for use in their department or program. Travel expenses are not allowed with these cards. The use of this card is restricted to the individual whose name is on the Card. Transactions must be placed in accordance with the University Card Procedures.
- Departmental Travel Use Only – This University administered credit card is issued to authorized departmental staff for processing University business travel arrangements for students, non-employees and for University staff. This card is restricted to only travel related transactions and the use of this card is the responsibility of the person whose name is on the card. All transactions will be in accordance with the University Travel and Expense Policy.
- Dual-Use (Commodity and Departmental Travel) – This University administered credit card is issued to staff for the purchase of authorized supplies and services required for use in their department or program and can also be used by authorized departmental staff for processing University business travel arrangements for students, non-employees and for University staff.
Travel & Entertainment Card (T&E Card)
This is credit card is issued to a staff member for their University authorized travel and designated entertainment expenses. The Cardholder is required to adhere to the University’s Travel and Expense Policy when using this card for University business travel. Payment of transactions placed on this card is the responsibility of the Cardholder. The University will not issue payment to the Card Provider, but the Cardholder will be reimbursed through the Travel and Expense Module of PantherSoft for approved and authorized travel and expenses. Reimbursement of transactions placed on this card can be expensed from all University funding sources, including Foundation Funds.
Becoming a Cardholder, Approver, or Reconciler
All applications must have the approval of the applicant’s Dean, Director or VP.
Cardholders must also complete an expanded background check.
Cardholders, Approvers, and Reconcilers are required to complete a role specific application and training before they will be granted the role in PantherSoft or receive a university issued credit card.
Training is computer-based and self-driven and includes an assessment at the conclusion. Only those who have achieved at least 80% on the assessment will be eligible for ProCard Holder, Approver, or Reconciler privileges.
To register for a training session, please visit FIU Develop select Departmental Credit Cards Training and during the training, select the appropriate card training based on the program role.
Manuals & References Documents
Please review our Program Manuals and References Documents
- Departmental Card Guidelines and Procedures Manual
- Travel and Entertainment Card Guidelines and Procedures Manual
Credit Card References Documents
Below are all forms related to our department
Credit Card Program Applications, Cardholder Agreements and Other Forms
- Check the status of Pending e-Forms
- CCS01 - Departmental Card Application
- CCS02 - Travel & Entertainment Cardholder Application
- CCS03 - Approver Application
- CCS04 - Reconciler Application
- CCS05 - Departmental Cardholder Approver/Reconciler Update Form
- CCS06 - Departmental Card Cardholder Agreement
- CCS07 - Travel & Entertainment Card Cardholder Agreement
- CCS08 - Card Cancellation Form
- CCS09 - Request for Temporary Limit Changes/Merchant Block Override Form
- CCS10 - Replacement Receipt Form
- CCS11 - Hotel Expense Vendor Agreement
- CCS13 - Departmental Card Transfer of Charges Form
- Avis Rent-A-Car Global Electronic Billing Agreement (to establish a wizard number for 3rd party rentals)
- Budget Rent-A-Car Applicant Program Agreement (to establish a wizard number for 3rd party rentals)