The University Travel section is committed to excellence by providing accurate and timely travel and other expense reimbursements incurred by employees, students and authorized individuals, training support and outstanding customer service through dedicated teamwork.
Below you may examine resources for those who travel on behalf of FIU.
Below are the necessary forms for travel.
Helpful Travel Links
- International Travel Procedures for FIU Employees Students – provides operational information to the International Travel Policy and is administered by the International Travel Committee (ITC).
- General Services Administration – for maximum hotel reimbursement rates within the contiguous 48 states (Please consult the Travel and Other Expenses Manual).
- Department of Defense – for maximum hotel reimbursement rates in Alaska, Hawaii, and the U.S. Territories and Possessions (Please consult the Travel and Other Expenses Manual).
- Department of State – for maximum hotel and meal allowance rates in all other Countries (Please consult the Travel and Other Expenses Manual).
- Fly America Act – when traveling to or from foreign countries, travelers are required to use United States air carriers when the airfare is funded by the U.S. government. Federal grants are identified by fund code 660 and 661.
- Department of State Sponsors of Terrorism – prohibited countries where travel on behalf of FIU is not allowed.
- Map Quest – for mileage calculations and travel directions
- Foreign Currency Exchange to U.S. Dollar – to identify the amount of US Dollars spent in a foreign currency.
- Avis / Budget Auto Rental guidance and instructions can be viewed at The Department of Management Services Website.