The Quality Assurance Services area was created to improve financial compliance in the Office of the Controller and the FIU University community. This area focuses on enhancing compliance with institutional, state, and federal financial regulations.
- Apply and verify compliance with regulations through reviews, examinations, and procedures.
- Create and revise processes and procedures using best practices to increase the compliance, integrity, accuracy, and efficiency of financial information.
- Provide guidance to the Office of the Controller departments and University areas regarding financial regulations and procedures.
- Support University initiatives in working with the Office of Internal Audit and University Compliance while promoting compliance and best practices.
- Enhance awareness of regulatory compliance, internal controls, and the value of safeguarding University assets.
- Serve as a liaison to the State of Florida Auditor General external auditors.